Kerrabe – Skuterre Loop
- Certified Guide
- Transportation is included for a min. of 10 guests (VAN)
- Groups of less than 10 guest must have own transportation & carpool
- Please confirm with the Tour Leader via WhatsApp before purchase
- Please notify us of any medical conditions that could impair you during this activity
- Masks are mandatory for everyone during the shared transportation to and from
- Please confirm with Tour Leader via Whatsapp before purchasing this tour online
Kerrabe village is located about 28 km south-east of the capital, between Erzen and Shkumbin rivers. The Austro-Hungarians started exploitation of the coal mines in this area in 1916 for purposes of military crafts. The workers would come from Skuterre village. In 1975 the farm of silkworm was established and the product was used only for the internal market. This territory offers rich biodiversity and very hilly areas varying from 200-300m up to 700-900m.
Our hike will be a loop starting from the village of Skuterre, continuing uphill until we reach the pass of Mt. Kalaja. Here we will be greeted by 360-degree views of the area. We'll continue towards the backside of the mountain, encountering a forest until we reach Rozevere village, where we'll have a coffee break. We continue our walk nearing the Erzeni Dam, following with another short uphill and eventually heading back to Skuterre village completing a loop. Please bring a sandwich to have lunch on the mountain. Lunch at the village is optional, at your own expense, and voted upon hikers.
Technical Info: We reach an elevation of about 550m, a distance of approximately 12 km, for a duration of 4.5 - 5 hours which makes this a moderate "+" trail.
What to Bring: Hiking shoes, wind jacket, light layers considering the temperatures will reach 15 degrees, poles if you have them. Please always have with you snacks: dried fruits, nuts, fresh fruit. Must have 1.5 liters of water with you now that the temperatures start to rise.
WHERE - Meeting Point: Cafe 'Korner' @Sheshi Frederik Shopen
WHEN - Departure Time: SUNDAY @ 9 am (Please arrive 15 minutes earlier)