Summer Day Celebration in ELBASAN
- English speaking Guide
- Traditional Lunch (drinks not included)
- Min of 3 guests are required for this tour
- Cancelations are accepted up to 24 hours prior to tour date
What is “Dit’e Veres”, “Summer Day”?
It is the day on which our ancestors, long before Christianity, celebrated the same as the Romans and the Ancient Greeks did, the Gods of flowers, willows, fountains. When the winter melts away, and the smiley Summer appears tall and thin as in a Botticelli’s painting, the human heart lifts from winters heavy, enjoying serenity and a sweet bliss. In this joy, the ancestors felt the duty to pray to the Gods who brought these blessings. And that’s how “Dit’e Veres” the graceful holiday celebration we call “Summer Day” was born. (Faik Bej Konica, published in 1911)
- Sauk Hills
- Monastery of Shen Vladimir
- Via Egnatia Station
- Visit Elbasan Fortress
- Elbasan Town walking tour
- Rozafa Fish City or Traditional Lunch
What to bring: comfortable shoes for walking and weather appropriate clothing
WHEN - Departure Time: 8:30 am
There are no reviews yet.